Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Are we there yet?

Well, it's been 16 days and we're finally here... Sorry I couldn't write on this more often, it isw very difficult to get to computer when you're on the road... I know even in this day in age. Anyhow, Tara and I finally landed about 3 or 4 hours ago. We spent the last 4-5 days in the mountains, I highly recommend to all to take this drive, it's beautiful and definetly worth it. I wouls also like to recommend a very small town in the Yukon to visit. If we did not make a spot at Lambeau Field this would have been the highlight of my trip, It was for Tara. It's a small town of 400 or so a few hours south of Whitehorse call Teslin. The people there are fantastic, They welcomed us with beer, shots and food. They gave us a book written by a Yukon author and they all signed good wishes in it and they also gave us a trout caught in the local lake, without the head it was about 2 1/2 feet long. It was fantastic and a definite vaccation spot in it's own, I plan on going back this summer for sure.
I think I last wrote from Minnesota... seems so long ago now. I think I wrote that Tara and I would be leaving earlier in the morning to avoid the storem, well, that almost worked. We just got to Fargo when it started coming down and less then an hour later it was near impossible to see, we had to pull over in Jamestown North Dakota for a day and a Half. There was not a whole lot to do there but they did have a Wal-mart, so we picked up a few essentials for the road... Got to love American pricing. We left there and headed for Saskatoon where we encountered more weather and had to pull over. Because of that we only got to spend 1 day in Edmonton, but that was all we needed. After 2 hours in the West Edmonton Mall I was ready to kill somebody.... Oh did I mention the weather in Edmonton??? I think Nova Scotia has the best snow removel team in North America. From Edmonton we encountered more weather in Grand Prairie and had to pull over again... This trip must seem boring as you read about it, it was mostly drive a few hours and hit some bad weather, pull over and do it all again, and when we didn't hit bad weather, we had to make up for lost time. I'm not gonna bother writing the rest of that stuff.
Well, I'm very tired and want to try to relax a bit... if you have any questions just leave a comment or send me an email scottemacb@hotmail.com.

4 comments:

Shelagh said...

I'm glad you finally made it...The weather was pretty hairy.

So first impressions? What's it like?

SCO77 MACBETH said...

I really don't have an impression yet for Inuvik. We just relaxed last night.... Stephanie is showing us around town today, so, I let you know tonight or tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I'm very relieved you guys are there. Hope you enjoy it after all that travelling.

Anonymous said...

So why did you move to Inuvik anyway?