Friday, November 30, 2007

almost 1/2 way there

We are about 500 km's from the half way mark now. We had some weather delays and took a detour to Green Bay Wisconsin. As most of yo know, I am a huge Packers fan so I convienced Tara to go out of the was a little. It was almost perfect timing. Green Bay was 10-1, Dallas was 10-1 and they were playing the very day we landed. The only problem was they were playing in Dallas. I still got to watch a game in Green Bay tho. While Tara rested I went to the bar right across the street from Lambeau Field and watched the game... What an atmosphere. We lost, but that was a night I will never forget. Our hotel was across the street from Lambeau aswell... I opened the window and there it was... the front desk guy hooked us up... Gave us this room, with a Kingsize bed... he said it would normally cost over 300.00 per night but I think we paid 63.xx all in. Awesome. We took a tour of the statdium, got some cool picks but the damn batteries died when we were on the field. I did get a pic of me touching the grass but couldn't get one of me and the upright behind.... What a day... best ever!
On another note... Tara again is kicking ass behind the wheel... Chicago... WOW. She was nervous but did an amazing job. I do have to say to anybody traveling this was... stay the night in Battle Creek Michigan, and eat at the Denny's... people there were the nicest I've ever met.
We were hoping to go from Green Bay to Regina today, it would have been a 17 hour day, but we ended up stopping after only 8 hours in Alexandria Minnesota... the Wisconsin drive took it out of us, nothing but farms for hours, and we were getting alittle hungry and cranky, so we thought we'd stop and try for Regina tomorrow. They were calling for some bad weather around here tomorrow, but not starting until the afternoon. I think we'll try to get on the road around 3-3:30 a.m to beat it... if we don't beat it, we'll probably stop in Minot, North Dakota. Well I shoud go get some food now... Hopefully you guys don't find this blog thin too borring... See ya's

2 comments:

Shelagh said...

YAY... well Scott, I know that your blog is being discussed at work... gone but never forgotten. Keep Blogging and we will keep reading... I'm so jealous, you are on such a great adventure.

Anonymous said...

too bad you wouldn't be in green bay next weekend -you could watch oakland beat their ass!! lol have a good one. p.s. i got 2nd in the poker league playoffs. the knee is doing good but i could sure use a good nurse(tara).