Monday, November 19, 2007

Moving on?

OK, like I've told many of you, I have set up a Blog so you all can check in on my journey North. Today is Monday November 19... I'm 3 days unemployed and 6 days from leaving. There is still a lot of stuff I have to do, but it always seems to work out for me in the end... so let's keep our fingers crossed.
For all of you I haven't talked to in the last 30 days, I should probably get you up to speed. I am moving to the Northwest Territories... Inuvik to be exact.
Inuvik is a town north of 60 with about 3500 people.... Google earth says it's 624 mile away from the North Pole. This may seem like a quick decision to many of you, but I'd like to say I do know people there and I have done more research than you could imagine (I would like to thank my old manager Shelagh Sutherland... she has help immensely with this research... it was better than actually working wasn't it Shelagh).
I don't have a job there yet, but my girlfriend does, and I have people up there keeping their ears open and putting in good words for me.
If you would like to look at the adventure ahead, view the driving directions at http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

Well, I think that's enough for today... I will try to update this with words & pictures at every stop. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Shelagh said...

I'm lost without you... now I actually have to do... *gasp*... work!

Unknown said...

hey scott. wow, this is a big move. well, i wish you all the best! i am sure things will work out for you. take care!

Vince said...

yes man wish you all the best have one of them north west beers for me when ya get there